It’s getting to be that time of year once again, we are turning off the furnaces at our homes and businesses and will soon be needing our air conditioning systems to give us a bit of relief from the summer heat. So you may ask “Why in the world should I have my A/C cleaned before I use it?”
Here are my five main advantages to having your air conditioning systems clean and tuned before you turn it on.
- You will enter the season with peace of mind, knowing that your equipment is ready to handle the heat of summer.
- We will verify that the unit has the correct refrigerant charge. When the A/C is running without the proper amount of refrigerant it can and will cause major damage to the compressor and will also cost more to operate (ask yourself this question, would you drive your car from Kansas City to California and back three times when it is low on oil?) I would guess you would not, well this is about how hard our A/C units get ran during a typical summer.
- Knowing that the electrical connections and components are all tight and working properly. Loose wiring will cause premature parts failures and this will generally happen when it is extremely hot outside (it is never fun coming home to a hot house).
- Avoid major breakdowns in the future. There are several parts that can fail on an air conditioning unit. If we find and fix a minor issue today it will prevent many major issues in the future.
- Lower utility bills. It is real simple a clean unit operates much better and more efficient than a dirty unit.
So a good saying to remember when you ask yourself if your A/C needs cleaned this season is “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”. Feel free to give us a call if you have questions or would like to schedule your air conditioning services.